Thursday, November 11, 2010

(no subject)

Dear Familia,

a routine day here in the compound is
630 wake up
7 breakfast
730 personal study
830 companion study
930 class
1230 lunch
130 class
4 gym
5 dinner
6 class
9 plan for manana
1030 bed
Not complaining, it is good to get into a routine. Not too many sweet stories to share with y'all. I am way bummed bama lost to LSU, guess this is thier off season?? better than byu's off season.  We just got back from service. We walked to the university and picked up trash. It wasnt bad except for the 200 degree weather with 100 percent humidity. I've been looking at a map and I didn't realize how far away the DR is. I thought it is just off the coast of Florida but I am almost in Venezuela. on our way back form the university from picking up trash a bunch of Dominicans started yelling at the Haitians in our groups. Using American curse words that were not nice. People are the same everywhere. It is just sad that everyone has to think that they are better than someone to keep themselves satisfied. i love these Haitians and love all of Gods children. I keep on trying to think (and I believe an apostle first said it) to make less of me and more room for Jesus.

I am studying in Jacob right now and a great scripture is in Jacob 4:10 - talks about just letting the will of God happen. God knows us better than we know ourselves (blows my mind to think about) so we just got to trust him. I pray to learn Spanish and it will happen because I am trusiting in God - not because of me. I am doing great here. My Spanish is horrible but hey its a little better than it was in the States. 

Guess the giants won the world series. Our district had a musical number on Sunday and it didnt turn out as bad as i thought. Over all the most exciting thing here is still the basketball. I play so much that I got these way nasty  blisters on my feet. I guess you are suppose to tape them so they go back into your feet. I taped em up but the tape was pulling on the hairs so I shaved my feet. I love you all.
Love Elder Scroggins
Tell Becky I knew the giants would win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment