Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week One...but who's counting?

Dear Familia,


Where to start?  I feel like I got dropped off here ages ago. It feels like an Eternidad but it's only been 3 days, 14 hours and 11 minutes....but who is counting?  They ask us to speak Spanish as much as possible, which is good because it gets you in the habbit of speaking it. I'm not too good, but I love speaking broken Spanish.  I know about x3452345234 more spanish then I did a week ago. 


I only have two minutes left on the computer but I want to tell everyone that sharing the Gospel and sharing the love that our Padre Celestial has for us is essential to the plan. Don't be scared to tell everyone about the gospel. I love you all.  It hasn't been made known unto me at this time, but the Lord wants me to be district leader.  For the first time in my life, I feel stress.   I pray every night for my district, that they can learn the language so they can serve the people of their respective countries. It is not easy.  I am really growing with my district. It seems whenever you do anything with the sprit it makes the progression faster. I am growing with them.  I will keep a seperate record in my journal apart from what I am writing on the plates of internet so you will have to wait until I get home to read it. 


Spiritual thought of the week: Keep it simple. If an eight year old child can understand the gospel then why do we need to complicate it?


I love you all,


Elder Scroggins


pictures coming soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Brian, what a great letter. Elder Nelson is so right on obeying mission rules, Grandpa and I have seen such heartache with some of the missionaries here in the Durban area and even the death of a missionary because they did not obey their rules. None of the incidents would have happened if they had been obedient to their rules. Our Swaziland Elders have a goal "Obedience with Exactness"/ They read their white handbook, together, every morning and are having tremendous success in this district. We can see from your posts how much you know and accept and are so proud of you. We love you and pray for you each day. Grandma

    ReplyDelete