Monday, October 11, 2010

The First Letter

This is excerpts from a family letter Elder Scroggins sent home.

Today was my first day in the MTC.  Please don't expect a letter everyday, but I felt like I wanted to write.  Today was an overall good day.  We don't have to remember each others name around here because we all wear name badges, which is a good thing because there are too many of us.  I met my companion today.  He used to live in NW Las Vegas and has since moved to Sacramento.  His name is Elder Mangleson.  He is a very nice man.  We got to know our district today.  I really enjoy being around so many great people.  There are a lot of "fluent" Spanish speaking missionaries and a bunch of us "newbies".  I need to pray to Heavenly Father to conquer this language.  I will be in trouble if I don't.  I saw Elder Waldron, Adams, Watterson today.  The food is good, but nothing like Mama makes back on the farm.  Take care.  Love, Elder Scroggins

1 comment:

  1. After all Brian, you all look just alike - those name tags are famous all over the world. Everywhere you go someone will ask for THE BOOK because of your name tag and you will have a new contact. Grandpa and I love you and know you will conquer the language, after all your cousins did.

    ReplyDelete