Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Random Thoughts of the Week

So first off my companion shared the scripture 3 Nephi 3:7 for a spiritual thought with an investigator instead of 1 Nephi 3:7. How are things back on the farm? This week has been good, nothing too exciting. We had dinner last night with the family that lives below us. We live in an upstairs apartment. This family has children of the ages of 11 10 and 9. The 11 year old loves sports and is way cool. While we were having dinner I was playing Pokemon with him and just having fun. When dinner ended his mom said he was sick and needed a blessing. She let him choose. I was thinking .... he chose me to give the blessing because his father is not baptized yet. I gave the blessing and it was alsmost like I had a script in front of me. I gave the blessing in English because the family spoke both.   The power of the spirit is real, because I knew exactly what to say.  I love that feeling.  Pray always! Don't let time fly by too fast.  

Now is the time of the week I present Elder Scroggins random thoughts of the WEEK!!
 
 
1. dad, run for political office in 2012 so i can help you out when i get back. even though it will only be for a couple of weeks. 
 
2. those clown valentines cards we made when we lived at the shop
 
3. that hand held video game with hercules dont know if anyone else remembers
 
4. i need a scripture case for my spanish scriptures. maybe out of skunk fur. also need a journal.
 
5. get adrian tomayo to write me. haah thanks mom
 
6. i heard the air bud theme song and for some reason i started to cry. not cry...tear up. thanks for the endless movies you bought us.
 
7. maybe send the p90x work out. not all of it, just the abs or all of it -  no importa para me
 
8. i miss falilng asleep on the couch at night cold with a blanket watching sports center.
 
9. only two thing make me trunky- thought of the family and sports. i love you guys that's why i am out here
 
10. the fact that me and all the youth my age would play smear the quere at cub scouts. played that with abe and kody and luke... fun stuff. such an inappropriate name for the game
 
11. dad should buy a dolorian
 
12. want to watch sum of all fears in 18 months
 
13. thanks for everything and i hope you all are doing great and are STOKED FOR CONFERNCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: